Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

20 hours of break in...

and my GPA 902's are starting sound really nice. I know I still have a long ways to go but just wanted to post what is going on so far. This is with that same 1st order Xover that was @ 1.5Khz.

One thing I did notice right off the bat was how nicely the GPA 902's were on Sax, Piano, and guitars. There was more weight or thickness that made those instruments sound more real that on the Dayton D250P. I'm also hearing better bass notes now that before. I have just been having them as background music and at times I hear some tunes when there is a solo and I have to look over cause the sound is so nice that is grabs my attention.

I almost finished with the Z19 Xover which will be in a rough prototype, I'm in a hurry and see how it works with these GPA 902's, QSC horn, and the MCM 55-1880 woofers. I will be working on the finished Xover while this prototype is breaking in.

I will soon be ordering the GPA 416-8C woofers and then I should have something really special.

BTW, I noticed the GPA 902's have this braided mess over the exit hole. I don't remember my Altec Model 14's with 902's having this. If I'm remember correctly they had a black material across the exit/opening when I would look in there but I never took the drivers from off the horns. Has anyone removed this and what were the results?

So far it doesn't seem to affect the sound, it nice a clear with good reverb and depth to them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.