Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: PPSL

Well the Bat-signal does work.

Of the three low pass points, do you have a preference, and why?

The PPSL would mate well with the smaller proposed Fig.7 horn. If he builds a 4' long horn, maybe not so much. Of course it's the time alignment that is a key advantage. I bet all this talk of folded horns has been making TD squirm in his seat. :)

Djk, I have a question about PPSLs that has been nagging me. I'm sorry if it's a touchy subject, but if I'm confused about it, then probably somebody out there is also.

You've written that the PPSL goes up to 400hz or so, but then I read on another forum that the square shaped slot creates a 1/4 wave resonance. The slot looks to be a cube with one end open. Sort of like a cubed horn. I would imagine that a cubed shaped horn would do funky things, like produce a 1/4 wave resonance. These posters seem to say that this resonance relegates the PPSL to sub duties. What do you say about this?

With these rather low crossover points I guess it won't matter too much. Maybe the 12" driver PPSL would be a better fit for 250hz? Your newest iteration of the PPSL with the flared slot looks like it would solve this resonance problem. Really it looks like the drivers should be mounted in something like a waveguide as opposed to a cube.

Thanks,

Jamie

------------------------------------------------------
Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: PPSL - Mr_Steady 08:38:10 07/11/15 (2)
    • RE: PPSL - djk 19:53:56 07/11/15 (1)
      • RE: PPSL - Mr_Steady 21:47:18 07/11/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.