Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: He already has that one

"A comment: there seems to be a tacitly stated mindset on pursuing extremely low power amplifiers driving reactive and resistive passive crossover networks, then driving both extremely high efficiency MF/HF drivers and lower efficiency woofers by padding down or by increasing input impedance to the higher efficiency driver portions of the passive networks."

That's not me is it? Cause I stated in my previous post I am using an analog active crossover. That long post has to do with co-entrant Synergy horn, which is a very different beast from an acoustic horn like the K402.I was just listing off to Tom all the ways I tried to skin that cat.

Then come to find out Tom isn't talking about that kind of horn. IMHO the Fig. 7 horn has much more in common with the K-402 than the SH-50.

"Rather, active biamping with a high fidelity active digital crossover"

I can't go with you on that one. I like DSD, and you can't manipulate a DSD file in the digital realm. It is what it is, so I treat my DSD dac like any other analog source, and manipulate the analog signal in the analog realm. I could get more sophisticated for a lot more money. Just consider it one way to skin that digital cat.

Don't like passive crossovers? Guess what. The coax driver in the SM-60M has a mechanical/passive component crossover, and one amp feeds both drivers. You may find yourself using a passive crossover if you use this horn.

Looking at some coax drivers on parts express, some of them are bi-ampable. I too would prefer that.

Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.