Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Thanks for the input's!

"Firstly, it's "input", not "input's""
Given the diversity of responses, it seemed like the plural captured the result better.

"Some of us "get" your shameless self-promotion. Others don't."

I don't get your angle here, at work, we don't market or build products for home hifi, that's my hobby along with DIY.
A fellow I work with is into single ended triode amplifiers and he was very encouraging so far as following this idea into a prototype, the issue was size and this is the only high efficiency forum in know of and seemed like a logical place to ask.

"Why?"
Why not?

"What exactly is a "more exponential horn""

At work, most horns have to be constant directivity types which have straight or nearly straight walls. In the home, curved wall horns like exponential horns are ok because the seating area is small.

"What calculations or measurements have you made?"

I have measured the drivers electro acoustic properties and used that for a computer model like I use for work projects. As I explained, I have not built the horn yet and was trying to zero in on a size.

"Full range? Really, you're kidding, right?"
No, not kidding or at least full range down to 140-200Hz.

"Here's my advice: Call John Meyer at www.meyersound.com, and LEARN from him."

I am not sure he could be of help and they are a competitor, but you could call him and ask what we do, how our designs work compared to line arrays etc.
We are not advertising / marketing based company like most but among the engineering and commercial sound area we are known, in the last 4 years, we have replaced line arrays in half of the country's largest stadiums and many other venues based on sound quality and uniformity of coverage using full range Synergy Horns.

If you have facebook, you can get a better idea what I do at work below or pick up the latest Handbook for Audio Engineers, I was asked to write the chapter on loudspeakers.
https://www.facebook.com/DanleySoundLabs?ref=ts

Best,
Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.