Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Your length is getting a bit...

My experience with corner horns and other folded horns has taught me that horn length is the most offending factor. I'd recommend staying under 30 inches if you can, and that is assuming that you're going to require a corner placement. For wall placement, 25 inches depth is pushing it in my experience.

Mouth size becomes a problem when it gets to be more than ~40 inches wide, and many people will have problems when it gets to be more than ~25 inches. (Most women will want something that's about the size of those little dually Bose cubes on a stick. ;-)

Are you thinking about using a conical expansion? Are you also thinking 90 x 60 coverage angles? I've found that wide is usually preferred for HT operation, up to about 100 degrees (...but I assume that you already knew that).
Chris
"As far as the ear can tell, consistently clean and spacious bass can be reproduced only by a driver unit coupled to a horn-type acoustic transformer..."; Jack Dinsdale, May 1974

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Your length is getting a bit... - Cask05 10:48:48 06/28/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.