Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: where to buy more efficient 5" driver for book shelf speakers?

Bill, Paul (I recognized the name), and Dave: thanks.

I have to apologize- I discovered that the TAD 805 enclosure has a solid false bottom, and actual internal volumne is 959 cu in (0.55 cu ft, 15.7l). I'm guessing that effects your calculations, and if you had a moment to re-calculate, thad be awesome.

I noticed the FE126E, and also that it's rated at 93db! Would have to make an adapter to fit it since it's smaller. Also considering the Fostex BK12 complete speaker kit, but I believe the shape of the 805SD enclosure may be why I like it so much. Also Tang Band D4-1 kit looks interesting.

Bass response. I remember in the 70's visiting Pacific Stereo stores. Very large enclosures, and if ya wanted to go "first class", get the 5-way ones! Loud, powerful, thumping bass. ELECTRIC bass. Bass dominated the music, like Bob Marley, or some disco. Not interested in that.

Lately listening to a lot of 60's honky tonk- there's a lot of excellent, in-studio recorded stand-up bass. Charlie Louvin's "I'm No Longer in Your Heart" a really good example. Does not shake your pant legs or rattle the windows, but it does fill the air with beautiful harmonics. So smaller speakers may be fine for me. Also, I think most of the recorded music information is in an area that is way above the lower and way below the upper thresholds of hearing (especially mine).

Dr. Feickert Blackbird w Reed 2A tonearm, Linn LP12, Ittok, Lyra Skala, Lingo, Garrard 301, Audio Note DAC 2.1, BeePre, Bottlehead Eros 2 phono stage, BottleHead Paramount 1.1 monoblocks, Altec A7 VOTT, Fostex 168FE sigma in Nagaoka folded horn

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.