Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: anyone hear...

Hi Mats,
I'm using a JBL 2225 in a sealed box for the mid bass at the moment and a JBL Sub 1500 sealed for the bass. Then the 2435 for the mids and a JBL2402 that I made a custom LeCleac'h horn and phase plug for. See pic below.

I used DSP to do the crossover, so I don't know off hand what filters I used to get the response I did, but the acoustic slopes that I corrected the response to was:
80Hz 4th order Linkwitz-Riley between sub and
800Hz 8th order LR
9000Hz 2nd order LR to tweeter, then 2k 2nd order BW HP on tweeter
This gives an okay response, but there are dips in the listening window and power response around the two crossovers due to the vertical spacing.

I just have a slight amount of time delay to get everything to line up. But what I'm looking at changing to is a crossover that gives me smoother listening window and power response. The overlap is a bit wider between the 2435 and the 2402 and the vertical polar gets a bit weird due to this, but I'm thinking it mist still sound better. The acoustic slopes for this are:
Tweeter:
9k 1st BW HP
2.5k 2nd BW HP

Mid:
6k 2nd BW LP
15k 1st BW LP
770 6th LR HP

Low mid:
550Hz 6th LR LP
80Hz 4th LR HP

This relies to some degree on then eq'ing the overall response to get flat response through the crossovers. The results should be basically smooth listening window and power response due to mostly eliminating the sharp vertical dips in the polar response. I still need to try it, but at the moment I'm working on building the second side of the system. Then I'll convert to a miniDSP system with FIR filtering and better HF amps. I'd add screen shots of the measurements, but it seems I can only add the one image. Weird...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: anyone hear... - John Sheerin 13:23:36 06/22/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.