Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Thank You Tom Danley

Just hooked up a brand new pair of SH-50's last night and I'm in sonic nirvana with twin DTS-10 subs below 50 Hz. as determined by my AVR's Audyssey XT/32 room correction.

I spent almost a year with 8 of the TD-1's, theoriginal Unity Summation Aperture horns from Sound Physics Labs, Tom Danley's original patents were based on these 40x60 degree speakers. They can butt together for wider dispersion and lower bass (they were designed to be used in pairs). When you do this, the horn mouth is twice the size and you get an octave lower bass, down to 65 Hz. BUT these SH-50 are SO much better.

The only other pair of NEW speakers I got right after college as a 23 year old.......Klipschorns. Lived with those for about 30 years until I got into the Klipsch/EV/Peavy/JBL theater stuff, culminating with my own Klipsch MWM-derived bass horn with Roy Delgado's amazing K-402 Mid Horn with the K-1133 drivers.

This Danley setup just kills everything I've ever owned in 45 years. Now the TD-1's have surround duty with a Runt (similar to SH-95) as a center voice channel for movies.

I'm hearing micro details and depth, top to bottom, like I've never experienced before, even in my latest "crappy room" with no treatments.

Tom you were/are RIGHT! Thank you for making so few compromises in the sounds your designs put into the world at large.

Now off to find more good recordings............this positive comment comes from a very happy fellow engineer/customer.

Edits: 06/17/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Thank You Tom Danley - claudej1@aol.com 08:58:10 06/16/15 (16)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.