Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Is it just me?

Tubes are reliable. Solid state is reliable. Rolls Royce & Mercedes are top notch cars. Drive by the Rolls or Mercedes dealer and you will notice an entire shop full of those respective brands......getting fixed.

I bought the earlier mentioned Jolida amp brand new. Filled it with KT88 tubes as I recall.

To cut to the chase, one day a power tube went out on me. Jolida said they would send a new tube....but.....a new AMP arrived. I called and they laughed....said to send the old amp back so I did (they paid shipping)

Couple days later, the new tube that they were supposed to send arrived.

Guess someone screwed up and read "send replacement tube" to be 'send replacement amp'!

The saga continued..... couple days later, I get a call from their shop. "We received your amp, checked it out and there is nothing wrong, we're sending it back"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that is not my amp anymore.....

So yeah....for the issue of a single tube that went belly up, I almost got a second amp free of charge out of the deal!

Classy company to deal with but, just like a Rolls Royce, Mercedes or solid state, they're man made and can blow up on you.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Is it just me? - Coytee 15:33:37 06/12/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.