Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Recommended amp for Voice of the Theater (VOTT) Speakers

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Yes, I am clueless when it comes to properly setting these up and using them. My experience is more in mid-level home theater and entry-level studio equipment. So the integrated solution sounds most realistic for me right now.

I just learned that the original setup had a Marantz processor and McIntosh tube amplifier. Wish we still had those, but they disappeared long ago.

I understand there is an optimal solution, likely $2,500 or more. For now, I'm hoping to have something that works for under $1,000 (or even under $500 if possible) and then save up for something ideal a few years down the road. Will a cheap solution damage the speakers? Any recommendations for something that will work?

Someone offered to let me demo some units. If there are any opportunities close by, I'd be thrilled. I'm in Southern California (Santa Barbara/Ventura Counties).

Thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Recommended amp for Voice of the Theater (VOTT) Speakers - SoundSurfing 09:50:41 06/09/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.