Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

For my clarity please,

aside from the individual T/S parameters, the other factors influencing bass output heard at listening position with an OB ;
are baffle width and wing depth, crossover(?), size of cone area, Briggs states that woofers will acoustically couple if placed close to each other on the baffle hence the SFB3 paralleled 12" and 15". the distance to the first rearward reflection, shorter distance = less augmentation, greater distance = more augmentation which equates to a better quality bass? Is the goal to have the rear wave timed with diffraction to not cancel but augment the wave as it arrives at the listening position (6' to 8')? Don't the low frequency waves travel towards the front around the baffle to meet up with the forward traveling waves?Also if my understanding is correct, this doesn't occur with high frequencies as they travel faster for shorter distance as compared with low frequencies at same output level?
Let me get the Nomex Suit on..........there, that's good.

And for gods sake people, if you ain't having fun playing with this hobby, go mow the f*ckin lawn!😎

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well-preserved piece, but to slide across the finish line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, and shouting GERONIMO!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - For my clarity please, - sober1 21:06:42 05/25/15 (32)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.