Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Triode.....

the brains behind it all

Temporarily unemployed Velodyne in music setup.

First and foremost let me state unequivocally I know just enough to be dangerous, but I keep trying to learn.

Now I understand your query me thinks. The baffles are 35.5"s wide with wings as seen in the second pix. With passive crossovers, the bass sounded very good at low levels but lacking authority at my listening position. More volume just exasperated the problems,e.g. boom, muddy and the likes. After switching out the 15"s for the 10"s and extending the wings 6"s deeper is when I noticed the potential. I dumped the passive xos and notch filters for the active xo. Having absolutely NO experience with an active and unable to locate any documentation on this particular unit, it's been adjust, listen, readjust, scratch head hard, repeat as required.
Sunday was the first day I was able to have a couple fresh set of ears give them a listen. They (one being a musician) seemed to really enjoy them.

I've been attempting to find the optimum xo points via the active crossover for best output at approximately 9' to my listening position. The room measures 13' w x 18' long. The baffles are 3' wide and are 3' from rear wall and 6' V.C. to V.C. and I honestly don't have a clue as to what my settings "should be" but the current settings seems to keep the high end from beaming and glaring but still have excellent cymbal and brush reproduction with the bottom being authoritative and tight.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well-preserved piece, but to slide across the finish line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, and shouting GERONIMO!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.