Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: latest open baffle project

If the bass is canceling in my living room, then it's a good thing. It is fast and tight. When the volume is cranked it stays tight but also presses on my body. It literally shakes the room.
Now don't get me wrong, I didn't like the Alpha with the GW-1858 as it got way to boomy when cranked. That's why I dropped from 15" to 10". I was thinking that was not going to work either.The Eminence T/S parameters are very close with the GW, not so much with the Faital and I'm relying on the drivers roll offs. Using the LT Sound ECU-2, to my ears on my turf with my gear, seems to be able to sort it all out.
The future son-in-law was in disbelief had how spooky good stand up bass notes felt. Literally, tingles the forearm hairs at mid volumes.
I'm no design genius, I just got lucky after weeks of voicing my build with lots of driver swapping , solder slinging , cooking a few drivers , redesigning the wings and ranting and raving that this shit was making me even more freaking crazy. I trust my ears to tell me what I like bottom line. I'm not saying I stumbled on to a formula or design that can work for anyone else. I just know it works for me in my system, and as the late, great B.B. KING would say" I'm paying the cause to be the Boss". Just wanted to share my joy at finally get one right after so many bombs.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well-preserved piece, but to slide across the finish line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, and shouting GERONIMO!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.