Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Generally speaking, solid hardwood is a poor choice for speaker enclosures.

I disagree. All materials resonate. It is just a question of at what frequenies. Just like all materials will be transonic to some degree at some frequencies. Particle board and MDF is a bitch to work with, can off gas nasty stuff and are so dense they can make speakers sound dead/dull. Baltic birch ply (void less thin laminate layers) is much better. Solid hardwoods can sound fine but can be very price and prone to warbling if not correctly drired, climatized/acclimated to the room environment and appropriately brace. At you size, these should not be too much and issue. I like solid hardwood front baffles and 2 layers of 19mm Baltic birch ply sides and backs with hardwood veneers. Just my $0.02.
"Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra.

Cpwill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Generally speaking, solid hardwood is a poor choice for speaker enclosures. - Cpwill 14:07:11 05/22/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.