Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: My 15 inch two-way speaker project

Mr. Scholl,
Can you kindly post a pic of your speakers if possible?

I have been checking this forum at least twice a week, and reading interesting stuff. I am currently running Altec 612 cabs with either a 604-8G or a 416-8B(the latter, more bass dynamics) for the LF and just plain Altec 288C with original diaphragm/Azura AH-425. I am using mini DSP (3rd order LP and 4th order HP), a pentode strapped amp for LB and a 300B amp on HB. The room is 22x24 feet with 12 foot cathedral style ceiling. Listening position is about 12 feet away from the front wall and with the speakers about 11 feet away center center-to-center. I followed the Altec literature of "phasing" relationship with regards to the plane (distance of the VC) which can be checked by running some measurements with a mic and REW software. I like it very much.

In fact, I have no complaint and wondering why I am "liking" what I got. I listen to Jazz, 70's rock, Blues, 80's pop, etc. As for classical, I like it when I use pure analog(LP's only) more than with CD's as source using a belt drive table exclusively.

Am I just lucky?

Thanks,
Abe

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.