Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: I wonder...

Even with simple passive networks of yesteryear, the most "real" sounding music I have had in my listening room in the last 40 years have come from Jazz recordings, instrumentals or vocals, through speakers you have designed. This comes from a music lover with an engineering, trumpet, and drums in his musical background. We won't even discuss the garage band periods.

Even though we have diminishing returns in 24 bit depth and enough 192 Khz. resolution to please the world's bat population (overkill IMHO) music recordists don't even take full dynamic advantage of the "lowly" CD!! As former member of the AES in the mid 70's, I remember hearing a DBX compander system, which gave us a glimpse into what the upcoming CD might sound like..............amazing over Khorns at the time.

Well recorded DYNAMICS over horn loaded speakers is the only thing that can give us any illusion of reality. Everything else sounds soft and laid back to my ears. Most "audiophiles" simply don't get it and never will.

I really got a laugh with your burnt stick analogy. LOL.

Edits: 04/08/15 04/08/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.