Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: True Audio Confessions

Tom Danley has told the story on this forum of putting the final touches on a mix, and finally noticing that the EQ bypass button had been pressed on the console, and the controls he was carefully adjusting were doing nothing. Everyone who has fooled around with audio stuff has stories like this, if they don't then they have'nt fooled around enough. Back in the late 70's I had a 4 track Teac R2R, and I later got a 2 chan. MXR noise reduction unit. I soon realized I needed another MXR, and I also finally got a third one too just to avoid constantly re-doing all the patch cords. These units had a trimmer pot controlling the output level on the back, which you adjusted with a screw driver. While fine tuning the output of the 3rd unit to one of the others with a stereo music source, I only noticed after some degree of fiddling that I was turning the pot on the wrong one! I had to put color coded tape on the front and back of each unit. Lessons like this are invaluable, as you have to constantly be on guard to not fool yourself, and that reproduced audio is an illusion, with you being the illusionist.

I'm slightly allergic to coconut, so I'll have to take your word on that tweak.

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: True Audio Confessions - Paul Eizik 19:17:23 03/24/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.