Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Tone Tubby 12" Hemp Cone in Bass Reflex????

Well, I'm building another pair of combination reflex cabinets on the bottom for the bass and open baffle on top for the full range and tweeter.

This time around I will be pairing a pair of Dipole RAAL Ribbon tweeters with a pair of Rullit field coil Aero-8 full range drivers (8") on the open baffles. The bass will be handled by using a 1.85 cubic foot reflex (3" duct port approximately ten inches long and bent internally at 90 degrees).

Since I am using a Pass Labs XVR-1 Electronic crossover and a Pass Labs XA30.5 amplifier, I am not highly limited as to the bass driver used. I chose the bass box size and duct port size because I have a nice pair of JBL 122A woofers on hand to try and so I built the bass reflex box to fit their needs.

However, I am a big fan of my pair of Tone Tubby drivers and have used them, accompanied by sub-woofers, in many Open Baffle formats. If the JBL woofers don't work out, then I really want to stick the Tone Tubby's in these reflex cabinets. However, I have had NO experience and have never yet heard of any one using them in a bass reflex application. Has any one
used a pair of these Tone Tubby's in a Bass Reflex Application?

Thank You.

Lance A.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Tone Tubby 12" Hemp Cone in Bass Reflex???? - chopper87@aol.com 19:02:46 03/23/15 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.