Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

I constantly tell folks to use em for wonderful lower power guitar speakers

IMO if a person is no longer going to use them in their original design with their born stereo. And assuming one isnt going to use them in some special home audio project of sorts. And this is where it can get rather debatable what their useful purpose can be...

The notion "full range" has far differing meanings. Just looking at these, Im not sure how much useful bottom end they could do. They look to have decent top end for a 12"

The vast majority of these vintage alnico console pulls dont handle much power. They never needed to. And if used properly shouldnt need to.

But just look at the going rate for new alnico guitar speakers. With how available these alnico pulls are, real shame more guitar guys dont make better use of how cheap and available these are. They sound amazing IMO on a single ended and low power PP guitar amp. But different strokes....

Ive also heard SOME sound amazing in home made home audio speaker systems. Again its often their bottom end that can leave something to be desired. Not always and not in all cabinets. Just depends what one is going for. Just seems IMO its much easier to make great use of them in the guitar world.

One idea of many uses...
Great cheap drivers!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.