Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Do all wideband drivers have rising response?

I would not go that far - speakers and how they react in a room seem to have many variations. There is a good body of psychoacoustic research about the effects of direct sound, early sound, late and/or reverberant sound, etc. Both first-arrival (on-axis) and late arrival (reverberant) spectra are important in their own way. I'm just saying that these issues are especially important with a large-diameter "tweeter"!

Most, but not all, wideband paper cone drivers, and most high efficiency midranges for that matter, do seem to have that rising response, especially if they are high efficiency. Phillips produced some excellent work IIRC in the seventies on how cone resonances behave with frequency, and that work supports the notion that the rising response is usually a characteristic. A few drivers look better than most, so not all, but most.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Do all wideband drivers have rising response? - Paul Joppa 19:40:52 02/17/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.