Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

tannoy cabinets question

Hi
Picked up a pair of generic bass-reflex cabinets on the weekend, hoping to install my tannoy 12" golds.

These are pretty sizeable and used to house a (mismatched) pair of wharfedale 10" drivers. With the plywood flats that resized them for the Wharfdales removed, the driver opening looks to be a perfect fit for the tannoy 12s.

Got a problem, though, and wonder if you can help:

These cabinets look pretty identical. They look in fact like the old Barzilay type of supply-your-own-drivers hifi speaker from the department store or furniture shop back in the day.

But as for internal build and in measurements, like maybe they're from slightly different eras, though most differences are small/ vague. You can't tell from looking at the externals, but if you measure ....

The port sizes are different. One of the cabs has a 10½ x4" reflex port, and the other has a 10½ x 5" port. With the idea of housing Monitor Gold 12s (both enclosure interiors are 22½w x 28½h x 13½" deep)-- is EITHER ONE of these port configurations right for the tannoy twelves ?

Ports are a flat cut-out, rectangular in shape, 6½" below driver cutout.
Thanks for the advice, I seem to get lost with those online automated cab-port sims.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - tannoy cabinets question - blinx7 10:43:44 02/16/15 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.