Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: 12v system for fishing camp - speaker help please!

Off grid audio is something I have been thinking about for a while, because I want good music on my sailing catamaran. Cats are very stable, so I wouldn't have to worry too much about it getting knocked around or over. Of course the marine environment and Florida sun are harsh. You have better options. I've been using this Sondpex. Not bad at all for $70. At least it's all in one. You could take it home with you when you leave. Stereo is an option for you, but I would suggest mono is too. Consider it in keeping with the primitive conditions.

It's too bad T amps can't be bridged into mono. It seems choices are; 10 watts/12v or 50 watts/24v. I'll wire two AGM or even lead acid 12v batteries in series to 24v. They wouldn't have to be big. That leaves what kind of speaker. Got some good ideas from the posts. I was thinking one of the newer Tannoy HT speakers, used of course. Maybe a Klipsch Heresy. Need some SPL, cause sometimes the party gets crunk up.

Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 12v system for fishing camp - speaker help please! - Mr_Steady 19:42:15 01/22/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.