Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Capacitor Upgrade Suggestions for Crossovers

My Christmas present came early! GPA Altec 604-8H-III's with GPA crossovers. I am planning to upgrade 2.2uF and 4.7uF caps and possibly the 12uF caps also. I am considering Obbligato Gold, Jantzen Superior or Silver, Audyn Cap Plus, Auricaps also vintage PIO types like Sprague Vitamin Q. I am going to limit cost to about $30 for the 2.2uF caps. I would also like suggestions for using or not using a smaller bypass cap. I also have a pair of ALK Universal Crossovers for Klipschorns that your suggestions will be considered. BTW the Khorns have Volti Audio Wooden Horns with 2" BMS Mids, JBL 2404 Tweeters, and Crites cast frame woofers. The Altecs are in a temporary box and will soon be in JE Labs OB Baffles with Altec Stonehenge type custom cabinets a possibility. Also posted on Speaker Forum.

I appreciate your attention and suggestions in advance and wish You and Your's a Very Merry Christmas! Chuck

Edits: 12/23/14 12/23/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Capacitor Upgrade Suggestions for Crossovers - escape2cfc 18:25:17 12/23/14 (21)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.