Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: "If you really truly want help, then post ALL the details"...

I will end this conversation. I refuse to disparage the other speaker company that I didn't have success with their product as they are highly respected by others. I know many people at other companies and prefer to remain on good terms with all of them. I will give these speakers another home with a friend who might have better luck with setting them up.

I might have a tricky room. I can't change the room. These speakers could be amazing with the right room and equipment. I have a very high ceiling and have to set them in from of a Stine mantle surrounding a fireplace. My Definitive STS work very well here, but I assume this is because I can dial in the bass as they are self amplified.

Oh, and another thing. Many people who work for companies in the AV business don't own the products they sell. You might. Be surprised. People in the AV business change companies a lot and they don't dump their old system every time they change jobs. They also own other products to benchmark against them. Quite a few people own Quad ESLs for just that purpose. They are the reference standard for transparency and speed. Quite a few employees of other speaker companies have bought speakers from Definitive. We don't assume that they feel their products suck, just that they prefer our speaker in a particular situation. A number of people have bought our outdoor speakers and in ceiling speakers because their company doesn't offer that type of product. We don't name names as that would be considered impolite.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "If you really truly want help, then post ALL the details"... - ElWoodrow 15:54:17 12/20/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.