Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Well. Yea. You do sort of.

the speakers I bought were for my personal use to try the single driver sound out of my own curiosity. We have a design team at Definitive of about 8 engineers who design our stuff and I am not in the engineering department. Also, A single driver speaker would never work in the consumer market, so I am not trying to get information to develop a product. I had read about single driver speakers and wanted to know what the fuss was about. This is in no way related to a potential speaker design for sale.

I am looking for help on making a single driver speaker sound good because the highly regarded ones I tried sounded terrible everywhere and in every room on every amp. I figured I just be doing something wrong in my set up. I was seeking advice on something I am not very knowledgeable about. I tried most of the suggestions and found none of them to help. So, I'm giving up of the single driver stuff. Maybe my room just doesn't work for these types of speakers.

The single-driver speaker Intried I did not like. But, at the next high end show I attend I will try to find a good demo.

I was simply seeking information on a subject I don't know much about from the more experienced people on this forum. I do work at Definitive, by I am also an audio hobbyist as well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.