Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: AGAIN Why no rear and front HORN loaded MIDRANGE drivers in Pro sound ?

I met him because I was playing at a nearby club and he happened to drop in. This being the time when the Shure Vocal Master was the king of the Ramada Inn circuit he took notice of my JBL 4560 style horns loaded with Altec 417s. He was up on the competition, and knew that they weren't JBL or Altec, so after he asked me what they were and I told them I had designed and built them he introduced himself and invited me to his factory. He was further intrigued when I told him I'd built a KHorn clone sans mid and high drivers, using it in a corner for lows, with a pair of smaller speakers flanked to either side for the L/R, sort of a pre-historic sub-satellite arrangement. He then showed me his pet system, KHorns in two corners with a Heresy in the middle of the wall, sort of a pre-historic L/C/R rig.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: AGAIN Why no rear and front HORN loaded MIDRANGE drivers in Pro sound ? - Bill Fitzmaurice 11:53:11 12/14/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.