Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Sobering

Hi Max,

Congratulations on your new speakers! Welcome to the real world of horns. You don't have to justify yourself to me. It's the most natural thing in the world to pick the fruit that is hanging closest to you.

You will have fun upgrading as you go. You will learn a lot, and when you think you have taken them as far as they can go, then you will be able to sell them for what you bought them for. Just make sure you save all the pieces in one place, including the screws.

Your description of Western Canada makes me think of some old SCTV skits, and not just the Great White North, but a few others too. "Let's go to the big city where there will be lots of doctoring jobs for you, and lots of lawyering jobs for me!"

No, the tweeters aren't original. My LSs are '77 and the had the ferrite tweets. The Alnico's are better.

Start saving your money for upgrades, or better yet, sell off your Push-Pull junk. :) You won't need them any more.

I would like to give you an update on my system. My active crossover died as soon as I put in those shunt regualted Paramounts I got. I inadvertently let them power on while the xover was off. Everybody tells me including Phil Marchand that it won't hurt the xover. Well, let's just say that's the exact moment it decided to die. Back to the mother-ship it goes.

Well, I had to do something to verify the amps were working, so I tore down my carefully constructed and carefully balanced system, so I could put an ALK extreme slope passive back in, just so I could test the amps. Been listening to them for three days. Kill me now.

We'll have plenty of time to talk crossovers. Now hook up that two watt amp!!!

Jamie

Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sobering - Mr_Steady 16:11:13 12/10/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.