Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: La Scala

It's only crass to talk about money when it isn't relevant. (And yea I am the type of Canadian who will become offended if someone directly asks my income!)

The la scalas are black and the guy is asking $1700 CDN. I figure this is a touch high and would try an negotiate a bit. Klipsch heritage speakers don't grow on trees around here so factor that in, scarcity drives up the price a bit versus big city USA.

Am looking to get up and running around the $2k mark. Not set in stone, would prefer it be cheaper but I don't want a revolving door of speakers, so more expensive is also possible . Would prefer to not go active crossover and have a ton of amps, but the subwoofer mentioned above (SLPP) looks like a super option for a later date addition to the aetup.

I should add - that building cabinets or DIY crossovers or electronics are PERFECTLY FINE, what I don't want to do though is engineer a set of speakers from scratch - speaker companies go through so many iterations and permutations and have fantastic measurement equipment and design talent which I have no access to. The reason I want something off the shelf is not that I am afraid of or incapable of DIY, it's that I want a finish product which is optimized.

Edits: 12/05/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.