Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: La Scala

The LaScala is solid to 80 - 90Hz and going away fast at 50Hz. You can build a reflex loaded riser for them which gets the mid horn centred on your ears when seated and with a couple of 4 inch ID by 7 inch long vents you can drop the low end into the mid to low 30 Hz. range. Of course you open the access way to couple the riser section. YOU screw the risers in place and seal them for air leaks. If you don't like what you hear take them off and re install your doghouse door. You don't need much material or time to build a test set of risers. You may still like to have a sub for the last octave.
If you install the speakers on the long wall you will get better results if that arrangement works for you. Hope this is of interest.Best regards Moray James.

I believe that DJK is the man responsible for the LaScala riser mod so he would be your go to guy for info. There have been many users build the riser mod at the Klipsch site don't believe I have seen one negative review over a lot of years. All the info for the mod is in the archives at the Klipsch forum.
moray james

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: La Scala - moray james 13:11:43 12/04/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.