Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: 60hz Hyperbolic Horn

"To bad we're not neighbors! :)"

LOL. I'm sure I could tote things for you, and fetch boards that are at the bottom of the lumber pile. :) I bet your neighbors can hear your stereo at night. "Are the Inlows having another party?" I live in the country, so no such worries. ;)

"What would be great is if you'd share your progress with this project. I'd love to see how you overcome the various challenges. I'd especially like to read your impressions of this horn upon completion."

Let's see. Nothing has been decided about the driver enclosure, and whether anullment is going to be used. See how quick it took to get in deep water. Too deep for me.

I'm more of a flat-pack kind of guy. With predrilled pilot holes please. You should maybe look into some kind of hybrid flat pack. Have the big stuff cut local, but you provide the smaller complicated bits. Just throwing that out there.

If you are willing to answer a couple of questions about the low pass of a mid/bass horn, then I would be happy to give you some free unsolicited advise on your Paper Tractrix horns.

To wit; Which do you prefer? Running a lowpass filter on a M/B horn, or running it's driver to it's resonant frequecny, or neither, and why?

Regards,

Jamie

Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.