Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

A SEISMIC question for Dr. Edgar

Since you have been making an appearance here lately I have a question about my beloved SEISMICS.

Trying to coax the bottom octave out of the SEISMICs is not working in my room and I worry tends to spoil the 40 to 100 hz range.

To remedy I built a subwoofer using the RYTHMIK servo woofer/amp. In a four cubic foot box and used below 40 hz it blends really well with the SEISMICS. Rolling the SEISMICs off at 40 definitely sounds better.

I am in the midst of building a second box since I do believe stereo should be stereo from top to bottom.

The question: I figure the box behind the woofer has been made larger to effect some first octave response. If one no longer needs the SEISMIC to do this would there be an advantage in making the volume smaller? I guess that it would but would have no idea where to begin and it is not easy to remove and re-install the boxes so I would like to minimize the number of times this might need to be done.

Is there a good place to start? What do you think the range of volumes would be for best 40 to 100 hz response?

I would greatly appreciate your advice!

Glad to see you back on the forum.

Take care,

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - A SEISMIC question for Dr. Edgar - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 14:35:14 11/05/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.