Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Avantgarde Horns

Ah, it's always the input parameters that stop me dead in my tracks. LOL

Hollowboy, you the man. Do you have a rule of thumb for how much bandwith to add on the high end? It must have been buried deep in that article.

Damn right it's an interesting driver. There is nothing else like it. Instead of simming 110db at 10 watts, it would be milliwatts.

It's a good thing HR models the low end, because that is where action is. People always worry about the highs in horns, but the bottom is critical.

Can't make the numbers match? Everybody always tries to fudge the low end with horns. You and me too. It's universal. All speaker manufacturers fudge their efficiency numbers. It's universal. It's only the hobbyist who will put up with the huge weight/size gain from not fudging, but that's why our systems sound better too. Sometimes.

"My point: 300hz from a modest horn doesn't seem like an impossible goal, or one that requires a magic driver. "

Modest is in the eye of the beholder isn't it? More seriously, I accept your point. It's that you just don't see any. In fact I would have to say the AG may be the first. That's why I'm sceptical. Doesn't mean it's not true.

I hope you create the horn you want.

Jamie

Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.