Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: I second the motion !

Hey Scott,

Thankfully my trips to Atlanta are over. Long distance relationships are tough. Heck, I had to drive 250 miles to pick up my LaScalas, and the seller was meeting me half way.

The sad fact is I never sell anything. I could build three different horn systems for these bins, and I have the active crossovers to split the signal any way I want. I just received after a two year wait the Red Spade PSE-144 "Synergy" style horns. It's one reason the ppsl will have to wait. I only make one change at a time, and then I have to listen a good long while to grok it. They will be over LaScala bass bins to start, but I have hopes about a matchup with the ppsl, and that it might be a very advanced three way horn system. So advanced in fact, that I could finish with horns for a long while. I love my horn system the way it is right now. I could live with it forever as it stands without the pse-144. It sounds "spooky real" at times. I wonder why I'm messing with it. Oh yeah, I got hooked into a two year wait. I'm not complaining.

The room is big enough. They are right in the living room. No TV in the living room! 24' x 18' with 18' ceilings, and the room opens up to the dining room and kitchen, so maybe even bigger. Dr Bones'es room treatments shame me. Hey, it's on the to-do list.

The ppsls would probably be a special order, in that I would want them in the highest impedence I could get, 8ohm or 16 if possible.

An earlier poster said you have to buy horns on faith, even if your hear them first. I think he's right.

Jamie

Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I second the motion ! - Mr_Steady 17:40:11 10/23/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.