Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Avantgarde Horns

My tiny room, coupled with lower wattage amps limits my choices a good bit. I am an Ortho doctor, and have a penchant for nice looking, "solid" stuff.

I am doing some DIY amp and DAC building currently, we downsized a few years back, and I had to give up my wood shop. My one experience building Voight horns was marred by an improperly matched amp, and square, untreated, rug less room.

Speaker building looks to be an iterative process, with its own contruction, and aesthetic challenges. While I would love to try Nelson Pass's OB Lowther with slot loaded woofer, a B4 active crossover, and bi-amping. I just don't have enough space in my room for them to work well.

The Uno Fino was designed to fit the tiny spaces in the Asian world and seemed like they would work well in my space. I'm not settled on anything at this point. My Zu Essence are filling the space well ATM. The monitors, and planars all seem to need more wattage, and more distance to the wall than I have to give, to be the "magical" things they are reputed to be.

I have asked about one speaker, and have expected all sorts of opinions that have nothing to do with my question. They do, however, add to my knowledge and options.

Thanks, and keep the suggestions and opinions coming.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.