Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: How do they compare to the La Traviata?

I have never heard the La Traviata but two things are quite different.

1) The bass of the La Traviata is an 8 inch woofer that is not horn loaded but is in a special design of vented box. My La Bohemes have a 10 inch woofer firing into a back loaded folded horn. This results in a VERY different bass quality. The La Bohemes sound quite full but very fast and percussive.

2) The tweeter horn is smaller in diameter than on my La Boheme...not sure about the cutoff frequency used.

3) Mine don't have a supertweeter...they are a 2-way.

4) My in-room balance is not at all tilted up like the measurements JA made. It is far better balanced.

5) My La Bohemes have an adjustable tweeter level (3 positions) I don't think the La Traviata's tweeter level is adjustable.

If you look at the off axis-response curves I would guess the in-room balance of the La Traviata, while still tipped up, is not as bad as it looks up close. There is a lot of directivity with the horn.

So, while I cannot comment on the sound I can sound of the La Traviata, I can tell you that it's design is somewhat different and the outcome not really the same, although I am sue there is a sonic resemblance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.