Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Bull-Nosed Horn Project

djk,

A couple more questions if I may. You never know unless you ask!

Is there any possibility that the self cancellation of harmonics also extends to the input signal itself?

I'm sure you have listened to straight conical or tractrix mid/bass horns before. How do you rate them as compared to the PPSL and the LS bassbin?

Last night I was listening to Neil Young's, "Live at Massey Hall" on my modified LS's. Half of that album is just him on the piano. You know how when you are close to a piano being played you can hear and feel the sound board resonate? I swear to God it sounded/felt like a piano soundboard was right in the room with me. Totally amazing. I would hate to give that illusion up. I vent this, because terms like, Push-Pull, self cancellation of the second harmonic, and more pronounced third harmonic make alarm bells clang wildly in my head. In fact, they fill me with fear and loathing.

I do try to EQ the 140hz peak, but my equalizer has a 120Hz slide, so I can only adjust it a couple of db.

I guess I am just going to have to take a drive up to Marrieta, GA and take a listen to Les Hudson's versions. Of course, you never really know till you get them home. Do you think that one day you will allow him to build the Bull-Nosed version?

Thanks,

Jamie

Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

Edits: 10/10/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.