Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE:More T350 lore

My STR's went in the parts box a couple of decades ago. I never heard one switch a tweeter out even when I was playing the Stones loud through a Hafler 200, though I did use 2nd order crossovers back then. The spec sheet warns about not playing test tones below 3500 Hz, and not exceeding 5 Watts RMS continuously with a test tone. They added "Naturally, sustained signals of this kind are never remotely approached in program material". Power handling is further listed as 50 Watts program; 100 Watts peak. A test tone is about the only way I could see blowing a T350 in the average listening room, and it would exceed 120 dB! Two of them driven this way would become painful very quickly. Now you are one up on me, as you've actually heard a T350 blow. I assume it was in an outdoor PA setting, Dyna ST70's were not the amps, and the music being played was not a string quartet ; )

Ken, you still there? The 3500 Hz crossover (EV X36) will work fine with the 1823M/T350 as long as you observe the above cautions.

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE:More T350 lore - Paul Eizik 11:07:47 10/06/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.