Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

T-350

Thanks for posting that data sheet! I have T-350s in my system, but have long ago lost the data sheet.

With regard to their output, while it's true that they can be crossed as low as 3,500 Hz, that will limit their output due to excessive diaphragm excursion at those lower frequencies. Trust me, you do NOT want to have to replace that diaphragm! It's a bugger! I had eight T-350s (four per side) in a sound reinforcement system a long time ago. When I had the "opportunity" to repair one, I said "never again!", and raised their x-over frequency.

Even in a home hifi, it's better to cross them higher. Mine are crossed at about 5,500 Hz, high enough so that I can crank the system without concern for over-excursion.

ACMINC, I would advise you not to mess with what is an excellent design. If you look at the data sheet diagrams, you'll see that the horn/phase plug assembly is much more than simply a diffraction horn that you can easily replace with a home-built conical horn. Further, as Scott pointed out, the conical horn won't properly load the diaphragm, increasing the possibility of damaging it. Lastly, the T-350 is a classic high performance driver, and it would be a shame to negatively impact its value by bastardizing it. If you'd rather have something else, I'd consider buying them from you.

:)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.