Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Ping The Conical Crew

I.

The large hardback 1957 version of Acoustical Engineering was reprinted in the late 90's by Ed Dell's Old Colony/Speaker Builder group. Prior to this, many is the story of people lending the original book out, and never seeing it again. One of the greatest audio discoveries of the 70's was the existence of this book, and you're a brave man for admitting that you actually own it. Until the paperback reprint of Elements of Acoustical Engineering came out, I would have said "maybe I have it, and maybe I don't". Most of the important horn stuff is in the Elements version from 1937, and there's no excuse for anyone not owning the paperback version now. The reprint of Acoustical Engineering cost $80, but that's undoubtedly the best audio book value ever. I've had the Dover paperback reprint of Music, Physics and Engineering since the late 70's and it's also incredible. For the ultimate Olson opus read Dynamical Analogies, now available as a download from Pete Millet's site. It's an utterly staggering Rosetta Stone of analogies between the electrical, mechanical and hydraulic disciplines.

Harry Olson was the Nicola Tesla of audio!

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.