Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Suggestions for a truly wireless speaker?

I need to build a mobile demo system with 5.1 surround sound. The receiver and sub will be built into a cart but I'm looking to build some completely wireless (i.e. battery powered) speakers. Obviously, some of the newer T-amps are very efficient so that seems a good place to start, but in the interest of getting good battery life while also attaining good SPLs,I thought it appropriate to ask for input in this particular forum.

Parameters:
1. Cost *IS* a consideration here. This is not a "money is no object" kind of project. Cheaper is better as long as it's efficient/loud and sounds good.
2. Sound quality doesn't have to be audiophile-caliber but does need to be good to very good.
3. Size is definitely a consideration. The speakers need to be roughly "small bookshelf" sized - somewhere in the range of 12Hx6Wx6D or smaller
4. I'm not opposed to using a separate, small box housing the amp, wireless receiver and battery if there's an existing high-efficiency speaker that would be a good candidate -- but I would prefer to build something and have everything enclosed in one cabinet.
5. Because there will be a subwoofer in the system, LF response isn't a big deal but I do want something that's dynamic and "punchy".

I know I'm posting to a speaker forum, so I don't expect a lot of input on the amplification, wireless transmitter/receiver and/or battery technology - but such input is certainly welcome.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Suggestions for a truly wireless speaker? - Donny Bahama 17:33:39 09/30/14 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.