Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Odeon Nr.32 or 28...used

Short answer; you are right. The don't have to.

I suppose there is such a thing as a four-way passive high level crossover. Would it sound any good? Would it suck every bit of damping factor out of your amp? Would it turn fantastic tight horn bass into mush?

The photo is of the speaker system of theirs I liked best. It shows a three way cabinet with two big horn subwoofers behind them. That makes them a four-way. The round mid/bass horns seem smallish, and I was thinking they probably don't go down to 100hz. Romy posted on his site 150hz, and he could be right. Some people can and will live with bass extension that only goes down to 100, but 150 and everybody would want a sub. If it's 150, then I think it was designed as a four-way.

Oh hell, to the point. You would wind up bi-amping those subs one way or another. Even if you downsized to active sealed subs, you will still be bi-amping, because the crossover is before the amp inside the sub. Either passive or active.

It's just nobody worries about dialing in an active sub by ear. Okay, some do. I would tell the OP or anybody else, that if you can dial in a sub by ear, then you can dial in a bi-amped three-way by ear.

I think a two-way active crossover is as simple to use as an active sub.

I'm glad the OP gets an opportunity to hear the Ucellos. He just may like them.

Jamie

Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.