Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Replacement tweeters for B & W speakers

I have owned a pair on B & W Nautilus 802 speakers for a number of years and am quite satisfied with their performance. Even compared to some of the latest and greatest recommended in the mags and the shows, I find the 802's to provide a very natural, liquid and tonally accurate reproduction. My only reservation -- fall-off of bass contenten below 100 cycles -- was well remedied through the addition of a quality sub-woofer. And now the resulting measurements are pretty much flat line across the frequency spectrum.

My question: Would it be possible to improve the 802's performance even more if I could find a way to upgrade the installed dome tweeters? (They are easily replaceable, as I discoved when a blew one of them.) Replacing them with the tweeters from a later model is complicated by cross over and other design differences. But I would be interested in knowing if any there are any upgraded versions, specifically designed to enhance the performance, the 802 made by any OEM manufacture?

Thanks.

Pete

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Replacement tweeters for B & W speakers - Pete Watt 17:58:32 09/21/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.