Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: FAVORITE POLL! Your favorite HE Midrage/Fullrange for front-load / direct radiator use.

Please define 'vintage'.

It wasn't just any showroom.
It was the demo room of the Lowther importer in the country I lived in at the time.
The two guys running the place sold nothing but Lowther and both held appropriate master degrees.
If they couldn't set them up properly nobody can.
All that happened in the late '70s.

May be Lowthers could be used as a mid if one were to slice that whizzer cone off but there are better choices for me for less cash..
I've heard many whizzer-coned drivers over the years and they were all bad. The best by far was the aforementioned Coral but I still wouldn't spend money on them.

Finally since pretty much all posts here are completely subjective and basically are just the opinion of the person posting it is in my view everybody's prerogative to roundly praise or condemn any brand or type of product.
For example if you don't like Technics or DD turntables you have the right to say so in as strong a language as you deem appropriate but I also have the same right to voice my opinion on whizzer cones in general and Lowther in particular.
The whole point of fora like this is to collect individual opinions, good or bad.
Personally I find negative opinions more useful than positive ones since most magazines in this genre aren't exactly forthcoming with anything that deviates far from gushing praise.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.