Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: EV 15TRX Knight KN-615hc 16 Ohm tweeter replacement

Bill at GPA was the one who pointed me toward Bob. Bob told me that he purchased the diaphragms from Bill, but GPA no longer have any.

While I had the tweeters out, I went ahead a recapped the crossover that is attached to the magnet. I don't remember the values but I found them on the EV archives. It did take some digging because there is a schematic for the 16 ohm and 8 ohm versions, so you have to make sure you have the correct one.

FWIW, the speakers are not the last name in high fidelity but are really fun with jazz. I've since moved on to Altec 604-8H's and they are far, far better in every aspect but usually come with a much higher price tag. Also, I had the 15TRX(not the B version) in 12 cft vented enclosures and they would probably have been better in something even bigger. I've heard great things about them in the Regency cabinet and I seriously considered going that route but knew that I would never be happy with the tweeter so low.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: EV 15TRX Knight KN-615hc 16 Ohm tweeter replacement - bigadam1 21:23:00 09/09/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.