Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: The elephant in the room is...

"How do headphones reproduce bass with such a small distance between driver and eardrum?"

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm saying rooms can't support bass energy because their dimensions are less than one wavelength. If so, please tell me what I said that gave that impression, so I can reword it.

What I'm talking about in the paragraph you quoted is that it takes some time before the ear/brain system registers bass energy (how much time depends on the wavelengths), and by the time that happens, those long wavelengths have bounced around the room somewhat (assuming typical home listening room sizes). So you inevitably hear the room's effect on the speaker(s) bass output because your ears can't process the bass energy quickly enough to avoid the room's effects.

To answer your question, the ears register and hear the pressure of the bass energy against the eardrum whether the "room" is a headphone or a football stadium.

Duke

Me being a dealer makes you leery?? It gets worse... I'm a manufacturer too.

Edits: 08/24/14 08/24/14 08/24/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.