Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: " I'd keep going DOWN by 10 hz --- (90hz, 80hz,...)"

Thanks Genungo! I didn't realize there was a difference between going up 10Hz at a time or going down 10Hz at a time until one achieved the flattest response and a smooth blending between the subs and the mains. I've been involved in audio 47 years now, since I turned 13 and believe it or not this is the first time I'll be trying to integrate subs into my audio system. I've stayed away until now because most times I don't like what I hear when people add subs.

That said, the few times where I've heard subs installed and I can say I thoroughly enjoyed listening to what I heard. I was extremely impressed with how much better the entire musical presentation was! Yes the bass was obviously deeper, but the soundstage was also noticeably wider & deeper, one could easily sense more air & space, inner detail was better and there was more sustain & decay of the notes. Harmonics, pitch and timbre was more natural.

It just seemed that EVEYTHING improved, not just the bass and that's something I just cannot seem to understand the reasons why it occurs? Has anyone else noticed this same, strange phenomenon occurring when adding a subwoofer properly? If so, do you have an explanation, or theory as to why the proper integration of a subwoofers deep bass causes all these other areas to be affected as they are? I think this question alone could be the topic of a great discussion...

I'm listening to: Metaphora by Altered Laws Jazz Quartet

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: " I'd keep going DOWN by 10 hz --- (90hz, 80hz,...)" - thetubeguy1954 13:04:47 08/19/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.