Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: FH1

I do have the designs for the FH1 but I bought a pair too cheap to pass on. I like the FH1 better than a LaScala its got a slightly larger mouth is a little longer and has no dead spot like the LaScala does, it is really a better Belle. In the end it was just too large for me but it was hard to give up on the great efficiency so hard to go backwards when it comes to that. I think the FH1 is probably the go to design in this band, short of going to a straight horn it is very likely as good as it gets with just one 90 degree bend. Crossover ought to be between 800 - 100 Hz at the bottom. Claude J has played with and modeled a number of better drivers to help extend the top response. corner reflectors will help a LaScala top end same as in the FH1 the LaScala won't go as low as an FH1 does. I think the small added size of an FH1 over a LaScala is well justified. I am sorry I could not be of more help I ran the FH1 for only a few months. Best regards Moray James.
moray james

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: FH1 - moray james 14:17:04 07/30/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.