Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Which 2" horn for Pyle PDB 752 to get the best of the mid lows ?

Hi ! i have just received my first pair of compression drivers ever !!!
It has a 2" exit throat, differently from what reported in some web pages (they mention only 1.4" exit).
This is very good for me.
I was quite excited ... but of course the cheapness shows ... nothing strange about this. I have paid them new for almost nothing.
Anyway ... curious to see the 75 mm dome i removed the back cover and the diaphragm is glued to the plastic cover !!!!!
This i do not like at all really ... and i wonder why they have decided for this construction

By the way ... i bought this pair after seeing a spectacularly extended freq response in the datasheet down to 500 Hz !!!!
Unfortunately I have been not able to understand which horn they have used ... another situation that i find sincerely confusing ... why they do not mention the horn used ???

Then my question ... to be able to use this horn below 1kHz is it true that the horn must be huge ?
Which horn would you use and which low cut frequency would you select ?
I was looking at some 2" throat horns from 18sound or B&C ... but i do not understand how low they could go with this driver.
Once that i will have also the horns i will have to decide for the xover to use ... like active or passive to begin with.

I would like to add that i would need 100 dB max during peaks at 2 meters
My goal is to get very low distortion above everything else
I think it is the very secret for spectacular sound ... to keep distortion as low as possible i mean.

Thanks a lot for any kind suggestion.

Kind regards,
bg

Edits: 07/14/14 07/14/14 07/14/14 07/14/14 07/15/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Which 2" horn for Pyle PDB 752 to get the best of the mid lows ? - beppe61 22:54:30 07/14/14 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.