Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Zu Omen standard - help with set up..

some years ago,I made a guess of the old Druid for some early Eminence B102 laying around - in that case the MLTL is around 1.3 cubic feet in air volume and bass tightness was pretty good. Is your 6l6 push pull parallel? does it have a 4 ohm tap to try? A modest solid state amp could sound tighter - the room might be part of the problem. If you wanted to kill some of the floor vent's output then you might put some polyfil in the gap between the base and floor.

at some point raising the cabinet from the floor should raise significantly raise fb. You could try pieces of wood, tile, etc. to carefully elevate the cabinet and listen. Did your tube amp ever sound flabby with other speakers?

here's an outdoor graph of my cheap toy showing the effect on ground plane response of adjusting the height within two points.

this form factor of MLTL works pretty well with a cheap ($28) Visaton BG20 8" fullrange driver.

Karlson Evangelist

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.