Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

After 20 years I have gone back to horns

I had, in my 20s, a pair of Klispsch La Scallas that literally rocked the house. Moving on some years later I did a long stint with planars and still the best sound I have had at home came from Acoustats + SETs. Now, however, I have come around again to the ideas of horns after hearing newer and better models than my old Klipsch speakers.

To that end I have decided to buy a pair of Odeon "La Boheme" speakers from a guy in Germany. I went to hear them and they have a strong helping of "breath of life" despite the budget cd-player and amp they were strapped to. I was wondering if anyone else here has heard this speaker and what their impressions were of it. It is a quite rare model apparently as there is next to nothing about it on the internet.

It has a 9 inch spherical wood horn for the tweeter and a 10 inch back loaded horn for the mid/bass. The crossover is external. Integration of the drivers is superb. REally lifelike dynamics and clarity.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - After 20 years I have gone back to horns - morricab 02:06:34 06/30/14 (18)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.